Leslie Sansone -- 1 Mile Walk


Leslie Sansone has created a Walk Social Website where you can register and keep track of the number of miles you walk and your weight loss. On this site, she has made available various videos to walk with (for free).

My Food Diary

Keeping track of what I eat daily and what I have done fitness-wise in order to lose weight.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

This Is My New Plan.... #679 probably

I've been planning to do something about getting more weight off since the first of February. February 1 was an arbitrarily chosen date based on my normal yearly schedule.

Holidays over.

Fellowship meeting behind me.

Inventory done.

But this year other factors contributed to the demise of my good intentions.

I've been watching a number of folks I go to church with get slimmer and slimmer. They are not all using the same method.

One chose the Idiot-Proof diet. Others are counting points. Others are just watching their portions. But a number of them are LOSING. And here I am still trying to decide what to do to start.

Last night I came up with an idea that I thought might work for me.

I lost the weight I did last year counting calories. I like that method but it really did take a lot of time to count up everything I had eaten every day and right now I just don't want to take that much time to count calories every day.

I have been trying to think of something that will work with my changing schedule. And I came up with this plan:

MY NEW PLAN

Get a three ring binder. (I bought a small one and the paper for it.)

Divide it into sections of Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks.

Then divide each section into calorie levels, say of 200, 300, 400, 500 calories.


If I choose a 400 calorie breakfast, then I'll have to choose a lower calorie lunch. Or if I have a low calorie breakfast and lunch, I can choose a higher calorie supper. But I will have handy right there in my notebook the right calorie size choices that I need so that I won't have to be doing a whole lot of counting EVERY day. Meals with precounted calories. And I will have CHOICES to look at so that I'm not trying to figure out what I can eat as I go.

And, I will have a list of snacks to choose from that fall into the 100-200 calorie range and I won't be trying to figure out what I can eat that will be the right amount of calories.


All I'll have to do is go to my "handy-dandy notebook" and find something of the right number.

I can write my recipes for anything that is good down and put it right there in my notebook.

So, at least I've taken the first step.

I bought the notebook and paper.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I LOVE this idea! Anybody could benefit from it---even me with the points. I could do the same with the points for each meal. You're so clever!

reber said...

I loved the #679 part.....let's do something together. I need somebody to make me act right. (and show up on time.LOL!!! Thanks for stepping up and being the leader for me.)

BASF said...

Maybe we could be walking buddies.

Until I get 'in the habit', it's hard for me to change the usual way I fill my "spare" time.

Once the habit is established, it kinda takes on momentum of its own and "pushes" me to do it. But until then, it would help to have someone who can BE THERE to walk with me.